This article is from nvidia.com. The origin url is: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/08/01/gtc-israel-2/
The following content is generated by machine-translator. If you feel the readability is not good, please read the original post or Click here.
Self-driving cars. Medical devices that spot disease with superhuman accuracy. Robots that learn about the world in virtual reality. Whatever your industry or discipline, chances are that artificial intelligence is rocking your world. But understanding how to apply this technology mega-trend to your work can pose a challenge.
That’s why the GPU Technology Conference — the premier event on artificial intelligence — is returning to Israel from 17-18 October. We’re packing some of the world’s leading AI experts and cutting-edge deep learning training into the Tel Aviv Convention Center for two days of all-you-can-eat AI.
The Startup Nation Demands AI
Israel is a nation of just 8.5 m people, but it punches well above its weight as a global technology influencer. Israel has the third most companies listed on the Nasdaq, after the US and China, and research and development makes up 12% of Israel’s GDP. Now the country is going all-in on today’s most important technology revolution: artificial intelligence.
At our first GTC Israel event last year, we learnt that the country’s developer and startup community is hungry for the skills and expertise to apply artificial intelligence and deep learning to solve their toughest challenges.
Last year, GTC Israel welcomed 1,600 developers, entrepreneurs and technologists to discover the future of AI. .
This year, we’re back with a whole day dedicated to deep learning and accelerated computing training, provided by NVIDIA’s Deep Learning Institute, as well as over 100 sessions, demos and groundbreaking exhibits demonstrating the latest AI breakthroughs.
Hear from the World’s AI Experts
AI has been likened to electricity — it’s transforming every industry and research field. At GTC Israel, we’ve gathered speakers from a range of disciplines, from autonomous vehicles and healthcare to cybersecurity, data analytics and more.
- NVIDIA CEO and founder Jensen Huang as he lays out the future of computing in the GTC Israel opening keynote.
- Dr. Felix Goldberg, chief AI scientist at Traxcpoint LLC, presenting progress towards recognising 100,000 individual products in under a second using NVIDIA Jetson.
- NovellusDx Chief Communications Officer Michael Vidne discussing how they are applying deep learning to images of mutated cells interacting with drugs to predict how cells with unknown mutations respond to the same drugs.
- Amir Hever, CEO, and David Oren, vice president of business development, at UVEYE, presenting how they are solving challenges in future mobility solutions using AI.
Visit the GTC Israel website to learn more about the event’s speaker line-up.
Develop Skills to Solve World’s Greatest Challenges
Any teacher will tell you students learn best when they have the chance to get their hands dirty. So GTC Israel offers a range of opportunities to get hands-on experience in applying AI and high performance computing. Whether you’re just getting started with deep learning, or you’re looking to skill up with more sophisticated techniques, the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute at GTC Israel has you covered.
- Join us on 17 October for a whole day dedicated to hands-on training. Pick from two workshops: “Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Computer Vision” and “Fundamentals of Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing.” Through built-in assessments, you’ll be able to earn a certificate of competency.
- During the main conference day on 18th October, dive deeper into crucial topics for AI, including object detection, AI for healthcare, autonomous driving and more. All training will be led by experts from the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute.
- To further develop your skills in between sessions, swing by our exclusive area for self-paced online training.
The Developer Nation
During his keynote last year, Huang highlighted the importance of developers and startups in Israel, and announced the start of a new era.
“In each era, new startups were formed and grew to be giants. It’s now a new era, and it’s very clear this new era will be the largest of all,” he said in his keynote. “In previous waves, automation was the biggest force — farming was automated, the industrial revolution was automation, and now this is era of the automation of automation. The potential of AI is so incredibly exciting, it’s fueling innovation all over the world.”
Attendees eagerly watched as six of Israel’s best startups pitched against each other to win an NVIDIA DGX Station ultimately claimed by Cognata, with their technology focused on training autonomous vehicles in a virtual environment.
The Inception Awards are back and this year the stakes are even higher. Ten AI startups will take to the stage for the chance to win the title of “Israel’s Best AI Startup” and receive $100,000, plus an NVIDIA DGX Station.
Don’t Wait, Register Now
Don’t miss out on GTC Israel. Register now and secure your place at the premier AI event.